9/09/2015

Time keeps flying by

Today marks my four weeks in Berlin and it has gone FAST. Days at work are quite long because it takes me an hour to get to work, I work ironically from 9 to 5 which leaves me no time/energy to do much in the evenings, unless I already have planned something after work. Weekends are for mostly gathering energy for another week at the office but hey, this is what I signed up for so I'm not complaining at all!
 
View from the Friedrichstr. S-bahn station on my way to work
1/2 of our office with clean desks!!

Yesterday evening me and my coworkers were invited for a dinner up in the rotating restaurant of the Berliner Fernsehturm (TV-tower)! Yes, the restaurant rotates but slowly enough, you could barely even notice it. It rotates continuously and makes a full cycle in about an hour. This was my first time up in the tower and it was quite confusing to look out the window and see a different part of the city each time.

On the restaurant's website it actually says "Please dress appropriately". Of course I had forgotten about the whole dinner until the second I got on the tram in the morning.. I wasn't exactly dressed up for a fancy company dinner but at least I wasn't wearing any merch so my clothing was decent enough.

If you want to take pictures, I would recommend going up during the daylight but if you just want to enjoy the view and the city lights, it's worth a visit in the evening. I couldn't get a good picture because the restaurant's lights got reflected on the windows too much but hey, at least I tried.

And the food! Oh, the foooooooodd..!! How could you resist a fancy buffet, it was really good! Not sure though which one was better, the ever changing beautiful scenery or the delicious food. In any case, the night was great and I would definitely go up there again. :) 




The map below is connected to something I've been wanting to do for a long time now, an InterRail trip in Europe. During my internship I'm allowed to have a full week off and at this point it's going to be in November since September and October are busy busy months at work. People usually go railing during the summer but I just have to rush through it and pick a couple places worth visiting. The end of the year has always been my favorite time of the year anyway so this will be great, I'm very excited! I don't have any solid plans yet but I'll probably get a Global Pass for 10 days which allows you to travel on 5 days of your choice. We'll see!



Tomorrow I'm up for some more company hangouts and surprises, we were invited to this "dragonboat race" and I have no idea what to expect, except for paddling boats and water. It's going to be interesting for sure!

Oh and next week I should get my camera out of the bag and use it before it's all dusty...

No comments:

Post a Comment